In order to make your home eco-friendly you don’t need a lot of time, expensive machines or some special knowledge. In fact, you can do this in a couple of hours, with very low-budget. All of advices that you can use in your home are useful. Just one of them can reduce power consumption and reduce an energy bill, but all of them, combined, can make your home a green home. If you want to try them, here is what you will have to do.
1. The first and basic (also the most known) advice is to replace your bulbs. Use CFLs. They use far less energy and they last longer.
2. Use bamboo. This is the fastest growing plant on the planet. You can buy a lot of products made from this plant. Also, you can use bamboo flooring. It is cheap and it looks nice.
3. Open your blinds during the day. This can save 10% of your energy.
4. Call your friends and make parties during the winter. Every person can generate the same amount of heat as a 100 watt heater.
5. Use rugs. If you have a wooden floor, adding a rug can reduce your energy bill from 4 up to 6%.
6. 13% of people cuddle their pet in order to keep them warm.
7. Just looking at the refrigerator will cost you $50 a year. Decide what you want, open a refrigerator, take what you want and close it.
8. Use vinegar to kill bacteria.
9. Microwave uses 50% less energy than a conventional oven. So, use it.